All high quality .WAV SOUNDS! AFROLATIN SLAM is a
powerful eclectic selection of rhythms, loops and hits from Africa and South America.
- A "must have" virtual instrument for Sound Designers, Music Producers,
Musicians and DJs, who would like to inject a truly authentic afro-latin feel into their projects.
AFROLATIN SLAM is a powerful eclectic selection of rhythms, loops and hits from Africa and South America.
- A "must have" virtual instrument for Sound Designers, Music Producers, Musicians and DJs, who would like to inject a truly authentic afro-latin feel into their projects.
- Features a huge range of eclectic rhythms, loops and hits, from frenetic West African Kpalogo, to pulsating Afro-latin grooves.
- Produced by Francis Fuster from Sierra Leone (one of the world's foremost percussionists who has played for Paul Simon, Hugh Masekela, Manu Dibangu, Miriam Makeba, etc) and Kenyan, Sultan Makendé, an acclaimed multi-instrumentalist and producer who has lived and worked in Africa, the Middle East, Europe and South America and has worked with Left field, Trans Global Underground, Judge Jules, Moreno Veloso and many top African Artists including Pat Thomas, Julian Bahula, Mose 'Fan Fan' and Abdul Teejay.
- Recorded at Sultan Sound studio in London and "in the field" in Africa and South America.
There is a massive selection of loops and samples, comprising more than 600 megabytes of sounds. All loops have been classified by region, original tempo, and key (if a melodic instrument). For most of the 'studio' loops, a full version of the loop is provided which is then broken down into individual elements or 'construction kits'.
Instruments included are : Djembes, Congas, Bongos, Tam Tam, Dondo (talking drum) Timba, Surdo, Rebolo, Cuica, Pandeiro, Berimbão, Timbales, Tongue Drum, Sanza, Cavaquinho, Repico, Tamborim, bells, Shakers and many other more obscure instruments. Contents include:
- African section: Sounds from the Congo, Côte D'Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria and more, including Afrobeat, Afrofunk, Juju, Afrolatin Fusion, Afrobossa and more.
- South American section: Batucada, Berimbao, Caxixi, Candomblé, Chôro, Forró, Frevo, Makumba, Maracatu, Pandeiro, Salsa, Samba, Carribean soca.
- Instruments & Individual Hits section: African Percussion, Balafon, Brazilian Percussion, Kalimba, Molo, Toy Percussion.
- Misc Loops & Hits section: Classic Break Beats, Funky Dread Drums, Vintage Breakbeat, Funky Jazz Breaks, Garage beats, Dark Drum'n Bass, Vintage Drum n' Bass, and more.